Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fun and Games

About a month ago my partner-in-crime and I were asked to come up with a storyline for a game. This is a rather interesting endeavor to undertake. I mean, I like games, I play games, and games definitely require stories. But there's something about writing for a different medium that scares and intrigues a gal.

There is so much possibility in the things one could do and see in the world that is created. Having the things that you see in your mind translated to a visual representation is a heady thought. Collaborating with a group of people, all with different skill sets, ideas, and tasks is something I haven't done. The mere thought of the result of the efforts gives me goosebumps.

The past few week I've been wracking my brain as to how to go about this thing. A few ideas have been kicked around and well-received, but the framework is sorely lacking. But how are the ideas that are being developed going to work? Will they work? Etc. Then I realized, I'm getting WAY too ahead of myself with the things I'm obsessing about. I don't have to worry about anything but the story; remove the end result from the equation and just write. After all, programming is not my forte and not something I have to worry about. :D

So my plan is to hammer out some intro-level storyline and cannon (crosses fingers) for everyone to work with. A story to serve as reference or just a jumping-off point for additional ideas.

And guess which month gets allotted for it? Ah, November, how I've missed thee. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment