Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Big Sigh.

So NaNo is over for this year.

Thank God!

But there's a sadistic little part of me that was totally bummed once I officially finished (in the context of the rules). I don't think that there was a night where I managed to fall asleep before one a.m. I shudder to think how long it's going to take me to get back to normal. I drank way, WAY to much caffeine. The happy hour two-for-one drinks at the coffee shop seemed like a good idea at the time. The last 10K word dash to finishing was just as stressful as it was last year, even though I had a freakin' outline.

And yeah, I could ruin my sleeping habits and cultivate an ulcer for the other eleven months out of the year, but there is just something magically awesome knowing that there are thousands and thousands of other writers doing the exact same thing as you. I'm already looking forward to next year. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment